South Florida Jewish Community Donation Services
South Florida is home to a strong, close knit Jewish community throughout the tri-county area. From as far south as Miami Beach to Jupiter we proudly call sunny South Florida “home”. As our community continues to grow, it’s important to look after one another and continue to uplift each other. With the pandemic still looming overhead, many of our community members have fallen on hard times. Rather than see our neighbors fall down, we should continue to lift them up. Through the spirit of Tzedakah, it’s important that we give back to our fellow South Florida Jewish community members. South Florida Donation Center is here to help you help others.
Our Heritage Is At Our Core
We’re passionate about helping our South Florida Jewish community because we’re members ourselves. The South Florida Donation Center team has lived here our entire lives, growing up alongside our fellow community members, as well as those that have moved here throughout the years. We work together to bring your unwanted belongings to less fortunate members of our community and help them through their hardest times. With over 500,000 Jewish people residing throughout South Florida, we do everything in our power to ensure nobody gets left behind. This way, we can not only maintain our strong community, we can continue growing it year after year after year.
Donate Unwanted Belongings To Those In Need
As time goes on, we tend to collect more and and more items, causing our homes to become significantly cluttered. When it comes time to finally clear it all out, you’ll likely either consider selling an item if it’s in good condition, or trash it altogether if it’s going to take too long to sell or repair. Rather than default to these options, consider donating your belongings to South Florida. Selling an item through a yard sale or online marketplace can result in spending more just to sell it between time, shipping costs, etc. Trashing an item immediately gives it zero opportunities to to be enjoyed past your time with it. By donating your items in good condition, you’re able to give that item a second chance to be enjoyed and appreciated by a less fortunate member of our community. Through your donations, we’re able to support several charities that work hand in hand to protect, educate, and grow the South Florida Jewish community.
Who We Support
Donations provided to us go towards assisting some incredible organizations that have worked tirelessly throughout the years to uplift our fellow neighbors. We support the following charities:
- B’nai B’rith International: B’nai B’rith International is a national and global leader in advancing human rights and ensuring access to secure housing for low-income seniors.
- Jewish Community Services Of South Florida: Founded in 1920, Jewish Community Services of South Florida works alongside partners like South Florida Donation Center to assist children and youth services as well as adult and family services.
- Miami Beach & Soref JCCs: The Miami Beach and Soref Jewish Community Centers provide a place for people to find fitness, culture, community, and fun.
- Miami Jewish Health Systems: Miami Jewish Health Systems aims to provide access to the latest advances in medicines, surgeries, clinical tests and trials, programs, services, and more.
- Goodman Jewish Family Services of Broward County: Goodman JFS of Broward County, Inc. is dedicated to empowering individuals, strengthening families, protecting the vulnerable, and helping seniors age safely and with dignity in their homes by providing innovative social services and programs to the Broward community.
How It Works
Here at South Florida Donation Center, we’ve made it our mission to simplify the entire process for you. Whereas other donation services make you come all the way out to their physical location, we come to you! Simply contact us online or by giving us a call at +1 (888) 626-6580. You’ll speak with a South Florida Donation Center representative who will assist with confirming the items in your donation and the best date and times that work for us to come and pick up. On the date scheduled, simply prepare all of the items for donation and leave them outside so our team can move them to one of our donation pick up trucks. Our pick up team will then provide you with a tax-deductible receipt for the items.
You can find a list of items we accept here.
Help Uplift Our Jewish Community
South Florida Donation Center has spent countless years assisting our neighbors, thanks to your donations. If you’d like to schedule a donation, please contact us online so a South Florida Donation Center team member can assist.